P. Smit b.v. is the welding and construction company, situated in Den Helder, who provides a customer orientated and project specific approach, customer specific solutions, and high quality service deliveries. P. Smit b.v. is capable to provide customers with an allround service: by welding, construction, logistics, sea fastening, repairs and/or on-site installation. P. Smit b.v. employs trained and certified personnel to perform welding and construction activities on offshore locations.
Service characteristics and delivery
- Welding, construction, and/or repair work performed on a client specific project basis;
- Performing custom-built construction work, tailored, and optimised to project requirements;
- Provision of trained, certified, and motivated personnel, also for offshore activities;
- Provision of the full service from planning, construction, logistics to installation;
- Products such as: offshore transport frame, box corer, piston corer, basket, pressure vessel, etc.;
- On site welding / installation, such as sea fastening, spools, platform construction, etc.
- Variety of materials supply, i.e. carbon steel, stainless steel, duplex, ASTM A519 Grade 4130, etc.
- Variety of standards: EEMUA 158, ASME IX, AWS D1.1/1.6, EN 15614, PED, client specifications;
- Welding processes: SAW, GTAW, FCAW/GMAW, SMAW, etc.
Facilities, machinery and capabilities:
- Workshop with 2 overhead cranes of 8 ton each and 1 overhead crane of 2 ton;
- Workshop for handling stainless steel
- Workshop for machining, removal, cutting, etc. of metal objects;
- Workshop for handling conductor piping varying from 18 5/8″ to 40″;
- Lathe: capable to Ø 660 mm and 1500 mm between centres;
- Milling machine: table 1300 x 320 mm;
- Plate Folding/bending machine: folding up to length of 3000 mm, force of 160 ton;
- Plate cutting machine: thickness up to 12 mm with a length of 3000 mm, carbon steel;
- Plate roller: 2000 x 10 mm carbon steel;
- Drilling machine: up to Ø 72 mm;
- Duplicate plate cutting machine;
- Sawing machines: up to Ø 450 mm;
- Punch machine: holes up to Ø 45 mm;
- Spot welding: up to 4 mm thickness;
- Welding machines: GMAW / FCAW, GTAW and SMAW for Carbon steel, stainless steel en aluminium;
- Key-groove cutting: 3 mm up to 22 mm, and 1/8″ up to 7/8″;
- Power supply unit, diesel driven: 40 kVA with welding machine for location works;
- Hydraulic press: 100 ton;
- SAW welding machine on a column (for example for use with 30” conductor pipe).